When it comes to choosing the right material or stone for countertops, you certainly have many options and choices. Hence, if you are from Phoenix and surrounding areas and are keen on finding the right material for your countertops, you certainly have your task cut out. With so many options available, it is quite possible that you will find yourself in a state of confusion and indecision. However, if you are looking for a cost-effective, good-looking and long-lasting material for your countertop, then it is quite obvious that you will find granite as being one of the options to think of.
Yes, there are obviously several reasons why scores of homeowners choose granite as the material when it comes to the kitchen and bathroom countertops in Phoenix. We will have a look at the main advantages of granite as a material for the countertop. At the same time, there are also some downsides when it comes to using granite stone for countertop. We are also sharing the same for the benefit of our readers. We believe that it will help them to make the right choice based on information that is factual and reliable.
Advantages Of Granite Countertops
We are sharing some obvious advantages of granite countertops:
- They are durable and hard. Granite is a rock-solid material. It is therefore very resistant to cuts and scratches. In fact, trying to cut things directly on the granite stones will often leave your knife damaged instead of damaging the granite countertopin Phoenix. There are only very few natural minerals that can scratch or cut granite stone.
- They are also highly resistant to heat. Hot pans and pots placed directly on granite will not cause any damage to it. Granite has a melting point of around 1210 to 1260 degrees Celsius. The hottest of pots and pans will never be more than 232 degrees Celsius. Therefore, even if you put a hot pot straight out of the stove and place it on your granite countertop, you can rest assured that it will not cause any damage to the granite stone.
- It is one of the best creations of nature. Granite stones are available in different shades and therefore they will certainly look aesthetically pleasing and stunning. In fact, in many situations, the transport costs of granite stones are as much as the stones. People are willing to pay the freight cost because they know that they will have something very attractive in their kitchen and bathroom.
- It is highly resistant to almost everything. Granite countertops don’t react to acids, unlike acid which is not so very acid-resistant. It also is resistant to the elements of nature and does not get damaged whether it is rain or shine, sun or snow.
- It is hygienic and clean and does not support the growth of bacteria and viruses.
Cons Of Granite Countertops
- One of its strengths is also its biggest weakness. It is both rigid and brittle. Hard pressure and impact can crack or chip granite. Even dropping your new oven could crack your new countertop.
- Though it can be repaired, it may not be possible to restore the structural integrity and you may have to go in for complete and total replacement.